2023 AMA 5 Star Safety Certification Program With Project S.A.F.E.
Register by 9/30. Final applications for certification due 12/31.
2023 AMA 5 Star Safety Certification with Project S.A.F.E. Enrollment
Register for 5-Star with Project S.A.F.E. HERE!
Designed to reduce criminal activity, improve safety, as well as unite community organizations and individuals, the 5 Star Safety Certification program is the ultimate way to demonstrate your property's elevated commitment to fostering safer communities. As an AMA 5 Star Certified Community, you set yourself apart from other rental properties by holding yourself to a higher standard of management practices, customer caring and neighborhood involvement - a distinction to truly be proud of!
The 5 Stars:
★ Star #1 - Orientation: - Available 3/21/23 - 9/30/23
View the On-Demand 5 Star Orientation Session and submit proof of viewing by 9/30/23.* (Instructions for submitting proof of viewing will be included in the Orientation video.)
★ Star #2 - Municipal Crime Free Program:
Enroll in and complete the first phase of your city's Crime-free Multi-housing (Phoenix, Tucson) or Tri-star (Mesa) program (or equivalent) before 12/31/2023.*
★ Star #3 - Community Coalition: Attend two Community Coalition Meetings before 12/31/2023. AMA offers eight different groups that meet across the Valley & in Tucson! Find details about your closest Community Coalition HERE!
★ Star #4 - Project S.A.F.E.: Host a Project S.A.F.E. safety social by 12/31/2023. Learn more about Project S.A.F.E. HERE!
Unsure about getting started with your Project S.A.F.E. event? Register for one of our FREE and optional workshops for inspiration and help getting started!
- Tucson - March 23, 2023. Click HERE to register for Tucson's Workshop!
- Phoenix - April 4, 2023. Click HERE to register for Phoenix's Workshop!
★ Star #5 - Final Application for Certification:
Once you have achieved your first four Stars, submit a 5 Star and Project S.A.F.E. Application for completion (with required registration fee if not previously provided) and required documentation by December 31, 2023.
*You need only complete Stars #3-5 each year if you have achieved your 5 Star Safety Certification in the last three years AND your Crime Free Multi-housing Certification is current. Proof of current Crime Free Multi-housing certification will be required with your final application.
APPLY FOR CERTIFICATION & ENTER THE "BEST OF" COMPETITION HERE**
**Must register befor applying for certification
The 5 Star Certification season coincides with the calendar year. Any stars achieved during 2023 will count towards your 2023 certification. All participants who successfully achieve all of their Stars will receive a certification of completion and recognition at AMA's annual Project S.A.F.E. Awards in 2024 (date TBD).
For More Information:
5-Star with Project S.A.F.E. ($100)
- Must achieve all five stars in order to receive full 5 Star Safety Certification.
- You need only complete Stars #3-5 each year if you have achieved your 5 Star Safety Certification in the last three years AND your Crime Free Multi-houising certification is current. Proof of current Crime Free Multihousing certification will be required with your final application.
- Need only complete Stars #4 and #5 if you wish to achieve your Project S.A.F.E. certification only.
- Program registration fees are a flat rate, regardless of how many Stars are completed.
- Registration fee is non-refundable, even if stars are ultimately not achieved. (Crime-free Multi-housing, Tri-star and Community Coalitions are free programs. More information about registration for these services will be sent with your confirmation email.)
AMA Policy: Dates and prices subject to change. Registration via e-mail constitutes acknowledgment of terms and conditions.